Following the success of the inaugural Naked November campaign in 2012, the month-long celebration of nakedness returns again this year & is sure to be bigger, better & even more naked!
SO WHAT IS IT?
Naked November is not about harassing or pressuring you into running a certain way...we love the fact more people than ever are running and that's the most important thing.
But in these modern times where our lives are so often tied to the multitude of gadgets and devices on offer (see above), we’d love to give you the option of going without some of these things every now and then.
We call this 'running NAKED’....stripping back the experience to uncover the raw, unrefined approach to running that dates back thousands of years.
HOW DO I RUN NAKED?
Step 1) Keep your clothes on (its not THAT sort of naked!)
Step 2) Leave 1 or more gadgets behind (e.g iPod/mp3, phone, HRM, GPS, watch, metronome, guitar tuner, or any other device)
Step 3) Run!
HOW OFTEN? On at least one of your runs during November, or as many times as you like!
IDRN: 'International Day of Running Naked' is a day where the worldwide running community can celebrate getting 'naked' together. This year IDRN takes place on Saturday 30th November.
To celebrate #IDRN (International Day of Running Naked) you can get involved by taking part in the Naked parkrun Challenge.
There are 3 options:
* Global Naked parkrun Challenge
* Aussie Naked parkrun Challenge
* Region of Runners Naked parkrun Challenge
All you need to do is:
1) Like The Naked Runners FB Page
2) Submit your predicted finishing time via the appropriate online form (above)
3) Run naked (free of timing devices/gadgets) & enjoy!
We'd also love you to share your naked experience with us via a comment, picture or video using your social media channel of choice. Just use the hashtag #IDRN & #NakedNov13
There are a number of prizes up for grabs for the closest predictions in each category, including the much sought-after #performanceenhancing garment, a Naked Runners headband!
* 'But I Need My Phone For Safety?' - take whatever you need on your runs to feel safe (ID tag, phone, C-Spray).
* 'But I need to record my runs on STRAVA/MAPMYRUN/GARMINCONNECT/RUNKEEPER/DAILYMILE/ENDOMONDO?' - you gotta do what you gotta do. If its important to keep a record of your runs, do it!
TAKE THE PLEDGE: "I pledge to run naked in November!"
We'd love you to share your pledge by posting a photo or video on the Facebook Event Page, or via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags: #NakedPledge & #NakedNov14